Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Plainfield during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you toasty. While you know the team at PWA Heating & Cooling Inc will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is important and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call PWA Heating & Cooling Inc at 815-410-1231 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.