Summer weather in Plainfield can be rough. But you don’t have to choose between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility expenses. We’ve assembled some tips to help you out.
The greatest thing you can do to stay comfy and sustain energy efficiency is by tending to your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® suggests keeping your system operating dependably and efficiently, and PWA Heating & Cooling Inc can make that simple. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll do the following tasks suggested by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to ensure safe operation of your system and the chance of a longer lifecycle for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as required. Dirty coils require your system to work harder to do its job.
- Check system controls to be sure of correct and safe operation.
- Inspect refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to assure proper system airflow.
Another crucial piece to remaining cool is consistently inspecting your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter can raise energy expenses and damage your equipment, which could lead to untimely failure. Our PWA Heating & Cooling Inc professionals will inspect these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to take a look at the manufacturer’s recommendations to arrange your own schedule to change them out.
Here are a handul of other tips to keep your home comfortable and energy-efficient:
- Look at thermostat settings to make sure your air conditioner keeps you comfy when you are home and saves energy while you are not around.
- If you find yourself cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let the night air cool your house for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to hold on to the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Take advantage of fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a tad higher than you regularly would without noticing any changes in your comfort level.
- Another type of fan people seem to forget about when they’re attempting to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make sure to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to remove the heat and humidity from your home.
- Work to not leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven are adding heat into your home, but even routine activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like extra ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give PWA Heating & Cooling Inc at call at 815-410-1231 or request an appointment with us online.