As we get further in to November and the temperature begins to fall, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with colder months quickly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when the time comes to replace your furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was going to go out.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a ring at 815-410-1231 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Very little maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t waver in giving PWA Heating & Cooling Inc in Plainfield a call at 815-410-1231. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.