When it’s frigid in Plainfield you depend on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system looks to be operating well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can block air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you may have to have a furnace repair. The quicker you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like PWA Heating & Cooling Inc.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You might have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? You may have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you raised the temperature again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could indicate a few different problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your space.
4. Your monthly bill keeps climbing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps increasing. This could point to some different problems. Your HVAC professional will help sort out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, stop your furnace at once and cut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC professionals to remedy.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The pros at PWA Heating & Cooling Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.