During the cold Plainfield months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to PWA Heating & Cooling Inc will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call PWA Heating & Cooling Inc ASAP if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from PWA Heating & Cooling Inc can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call PWA Heating & Cooling Inc at 815-410-1231 or book an appointment with us online.