Having regular air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Plainfield summertime, have the experts at PWA Heating & Cooling Inc complete your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illegally freeing it to the environment.
- Inspect for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We suggest looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call PWA Heating & Cooling Inc today at 815-410-1231.