Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Plainfield is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While PWA Heating & Cooling Inc consistently recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. mow the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call PWA Heating & Cooling Inc in Plainfield at 815-410-1231 today.