You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at PWA Heating & Cooling Inc have assembled a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you find small problems before they become major problems, and it can help make sure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a huge difference on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting acclimated to the present temperature, try modifying it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your PWA Heating & Cooling Inc technician is over for your regular furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 815-410-1231.